By Jan Leslie, PhD Holtz
"Luring readers in...with meticulously woven scientific vignettes, Holtz masterfully offers the mechanics and the paintings of neuropsychology....students will delight in the old roots of neuropsychology, [and] will comprehend the multiplex platforms of present neuropsychological approaches..."
-Nancy S. Koven, PhD
"...there has no longer been an on hand textual content targeting the applying of the elemental rules in scientific neuropsychological practice....Finally, a textual content is accessible to therapy this problem."
-Dennis Andersen, MS, LMHC
Eastern Washington college
"A worthwhile creation to the sector of scientific neuropsychology and its terminology, this article fills a void. The reader earnings an appreciation for the multifaceted function of the scientific neuropsychologist, not just as an assessor of cognitive functioning but in addition as a remedy professional."
Lauren Littlefield, PhD,
This step forward introductory text-unlike all different medical neuropsychology textbooks at the market-introduces complicated undergraduate scholars and clinicians in education to the sector by means of exhibiting undergraduate scholars how medical neuropsychologists really perform their craft. The e-book uncovers the pro matters that medical neuropsychologists care for day-by-day, together with neurogenerative issues, bought problems, moral perform concerns, interviewing, checking out, diagnosis and remedy making plans, drug prescriptions, and extra.
Using case stories culled from the author's personal scientific paintings, the ebook presents scholars with firsthand debts of neuropsychology in motion. because the first textbook to combine actual, sensible functions of neuropsychology, it covers the evaluate, analysis, and therapy of people with mind ailment or damage, instead of analyzing mind constructions and features by myself. This leading edge, application-based method of neuropsychology is certain to supply scholars a transparent, accomplished figuring out of what neuropsychology is and what neuropsychologists do.Key features:
- Covers center innovations of neuropsychology, together with neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, mind constitution and serve as, and issues of the principal worried method
- Includes application-based themes no longer lined in conventional texts, comparable to: differential prognosis; person, staff, and kinfolk treatment; and psychopharmacology
- Discusses try out idea and review, analyzing exams of highbrow skills, reminiscence functioning, and extra
- Extensive teachers' ancillary package deal on hand with attempt questions and approximately a hundred illustrations in PowerPoint structure
Read or Download Applied Clinical Neuropsychology: An Introduction PDF
Best psychological testing & measurement books
This complete, balanced consultant to character evaluate, written through of the most important specialists within the box, is certain to turn into the optimal of texts in this subject. The instruction manual of character overview covers every little thing from the fundamentals, together with a ancient review and designated dialogue of the evaluate strategy and its psychometric foundations, to priceless sections on carrying out the evaluation interview and the character, interpretation, and functions of the most well-liked self-report (objective) and performance-based (projective) measures.
The main accomplished, authoritative reference of its type, this acclaimed paintings examines quite a lot of got, congenital, and developmental mind problems and their influence on children’s neuropsychological functioning. prime specialists current cutting-edge wisdom approximately how each one situation impacts the constructing mind; the character and severity of linked cognitive, behavioral, and psychosocial impairments; and powerful methods to medical assessment and remedy making plans.
Lovett and Lewandowski provide research-based guidance for figuring out whilst try lodgings are acceptable for a scholar with disabilities counting on the try being taken, the lodgings being thought of, and the student's useful talents. Case reports practice the ideas to precise eventualities.
ColourSpectrums is a thrilling innovative character kinds version provided to teams around the world in an enjoyable, interactive workshop structure. Now you can too how you can use 4 colors to simply comprehend character kinds and human dynamics. This enticing method finds your character as a special spectrum of: BLUE emotional intelligence, eco-friendly highbrow intelligence, crimson actual intelligence and YELLOW organizational intelligence.
- Contemporary Psychometrics (Multivariate Applications Series)
- Advances in Personality Assessment: Volume 3 (Advances in Personality Assessment Series)
- Advances in Personality Assessment: Volume 2 (Advances in Personality Assessment Series)
- Essentials of Conners Behavior Assessments (Essentials of Psychological Assessment)
- Data Science, Learning by Latent Structures, and Knowledge Discovery (Studies in Classification, Data Analysis, and Knowledge Organization)
Additional resources for Applied Clinical Neuropsychology: An Introduction
Applied Clinical Neuropsychology: An Introduction by Jan Leslie, PhD Holtz